Thursday, August 03, 2006

Enough already!

It's too damn hot.

It's too hot to go outside and let Michael run off the steam he desparately needs to.

It's too hot to even think about going out for a walk, my normal method for dealing with toddler energy overload.

Even though I'm doing great, I'm still recovering from surgery last week and even walking a few blocks, let alone a few miles, in this heat is just impossible.

Even if I had a car to escape to the mall with, chances are pretty good that I couldn't afford the gas required.

Surgical recovery and carrying a stroller with a 35 pound toddler up and down stairs to the subway are pretty much mutually exclusive, wearing him is downright impossible.

I'm touched out and I'm tired. Tomorrow's big break in the heat wave is a high of only 89. I haven't seen the extended forcasts, but what little I've been able to glean from NPR seems to predict a similar heat wave for next week as well.

Send me healing vibes - I can't stay in all next week again. Even sitting in the Gallery is better than this. Here's hoping I can manhandle him down the steps to the subway next week or walk the extra three quarters of a mile to get to the station with an elevator.

It's
too
damn
hot...