Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Look Ma - No Holes! (and other knitting)

Here are pics of my ultra-cool socks!


Infant Sock

The Sock itself


Infant Sock Detail

Heel detail - note the conspicuous absence of gaping holes


Infant Sock Detail

The other side - still no holes!



I'm hoping to get some time in this weekend to actually write up a pattern, but realistically it probably won't get done until after the show.

Here's what else is on the needles (or off in some cases):

Brown Striped Snazzy Pants Longies, Newborn

Brown Striped Snazzy Pants Longies, Newborn
These are almost done - I just have to finish weaving in the ends. I'm very happy with the way they came out.


Blue Striped Snazzy Pants Step-Ins, Medium

Blue Striped Snazzy Pants Step-Ins, Medium
All that remains is to sew the elastic together. We tried them on Z this afternoon and they look like they are a great fit - very trim.


Brown Striped Snazzy Pants Longies, Small

Brown Striped Snazzy Pants Longies, Small
Yes, more stripes. This time I'm being smarter about it and stopping to weave my ends in every so often.


Green Cabled Snazzy Pants Snoozin' Sacque, 0-6 Months

Green Cabled Snazzy Pants Snoozin' Sacque, 0-6 Months
This has a few firsts for me - my first real time cabling and the first time I'm using Lamb's Pride yarn. I really like the yarn. It's a single (one ply) made of 85% wool and 15% mohair, very soft and has a nice sheen to it. I've been wanting to do some fancy stitch work and since the sacque pattern has no short-rows in it, it was the perfect chance to try out cables. I still haven't decided how I'll end it - draw string, ribbing, or actual buttons. If you have an opinion, please let me know.


cross-posted on Knitty Keen