Monday, November 05, 2007

Mini Crafts Update

aka - Damn You, Biological Need for Sleep!

So many things I want to make, but the body is also baking a babe so there is only so much energy to go around...

Mystery Projects
Are progressing. I have to give a huge apology to one of the recipients (you'll find out who soon enough) that I've been sitting on your items for a good week now, but every time I have to time to fiddle with it, something else comes up. The others are taking top priority as they must be finished soon.

NaKnitSweMo
After much consideration, I've decided that my body shape is the one least suited to the styling of the Tilted Duster. I've decided instead to branch out and try 2 different sweaters this month. The first is the Origami Cardi from Interweave Knits. I just cast-on for it using some charcoal gray Caron Simply Soft and have a couple of inches done already. It's not the super yummy bamboo-wool I'd love to be using, but it's nice enough and only cost me $15 for the yarn so I can't complain too much. For my second undertaking, I'll be doing Tubey from Knitty in the HPY I ordered last month. I would love to get the Origami Cardi done for Saturday, but I have come to the realization that I do in fact have other things that need doing this week that are more important. I'm aiming for it to be done for Philcon. I'm hoping to have Tubey done for Christmas.

Baby Knits
Too many other things to finish right now. I'll pick back up after I get the Origami Cardi out of my system.

Socks
Still in the same place as last week, although I'm aiming to have the second Green Scaly Sock done so I can wear them this weekend. I'm going to wear a hand knit that I made myself, darn it.

Felted Messenger Bag
Is just waiting for a lining and a shoulder strap at this point. I'm hoping to get both done tomorrow during nap.

That's about it for now - I'll get pics up eventually. 'night All!