Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Tuning In

Life sucks on many levels right now - don't get me wrong, it's beyond fantastic in a whole host of ways, but the situational depression is still kicking my ass. I suppose you could call it PPD in that it is occurring in the postpartum period, but its root causes are not changes in brain chemistry (other than those wrought by sleep deprivation). It's due to two pretty intense kids with pretty intense needs - needs that I would only have a mild amount of difficulty meeting if I was getting more that 6 hours of broken sleep a night. Besides that, none of those big major depression symptoms are present right now, so as awful as it might feel at times, it's nothing compared to past experiences.

Now that I've rambled on about depression, I am going to make the effort to rejoin the wide world outside of my house and the knitting circle I escape to every so often. Here's hoping that "fake it 'til you make it" works on a sleep-addled brain.

TTFN!