Thursday, January 22, 2009

Still Aten't Ded

Short and sweet, bulleted list...


  • Alex turned one yesterday - where did the last year go?

  • We are starting the long and perilous process of enrolling Michael in Kindergarten. Keeping my fingers crossed that I will have no need of the appeals process for his IEP. I also have a ton of vaccinations to catch up on for him - yet another thing I am not looking forward to.

  • Back to Alex - he's taking steps! I am so not ready for this.

  • I only have six more months of four left - it can't come soon enough. At least I've been able to restructure my parenting to what is developmentally appropriate for Michael. It's a hell of a lot of work, especially when your reserves are almost nil, but things are getting a bit better.

  • As to emotional reserves - they are still being taxed to the breaking point, but I have a day or so out of every week where the kids sleep and I can be close to the parent I know I can be to them. This too shall pass.

  • Lots of knitting going on. I'm making the commitment to get Knitty Keen off the ground and I have John's support. Like everything else, it's going to be hard as hell - but the payoff will be so worth it.

  • This is going to be a year of changes - we are working on some major decluttering in both our house and our lives. I've been feeling like I'm stuck in a rut for ages and I'm going to do something about it. Look for radical hair cut and new glasses in the not too distant future. I am endevouring to become "that mom" but hey, there are worse things to be. Frankly, anything is better than the way I feel I look now and I need to do some stuff so I can get comfortable in my skin again.


Kids need feeding. We aren't doing the real celebration for Alex 'til tomorrow, so I'll be sure to get pics up. TTFN!