Thursday, October 20, 2005

Bouncing baby boy....

There is nothing quite like the sound of a toddler bouncing on a plastic-wrapped mattress, whining at 5:30 in the morning. Especially when you spent the night before avoiding things and didn't actually fall asleep until almost 3. John got up with him, but it was 5:30 and he had to go to work this morning. After doing the whole, "No, you go back to bed," dance, it became moot anyway - with Michael in the throes of separation anxiety, once I'm up I'm not allowed to leave. So John got to go back to bed for an hour or so and I got to deal with a tired, grumpy baby.

John just left for work and I tried to go into the kitchen to get something, which Michael was not happy about - this time he bounced at the gate and whined/shreiked until I came back.

I think I'm going to pack us up and make the trek into town. It's a lot earlier than I planned, but this way I'm less likely to snap at Michael which is the best thing for both of us.

With the unerring ability of babies everywhere, he found the two pairs of what I thought were safely-hidden scissors. Now he's bending and talking to our DBZ mousepad and bewailing his lot in life because I won't let him bang on the keyboard and eat the mouse. It's really funny watching him move from thing to thing in the computer-room and talking and touching random objects.

Despite how peeved I am right now due to lack of sleep and my own lot in life, these moments are all too fleeting in the grand scheme of things. Oops, he's found John's comics - have to rescue them.

TTFN!