Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Instant Karma?

My sister reminded me that today was free iced coffee day at Dunkin' Donuts. I decided that free muddy coffee was better than no coffee, so after Michael and I were done at the playground, we walked over. Of course when I got there they were out of ice and no longer serving iced coffee. Since I had my heart set on coffee, I decided to trek over to Starbucks and get some, also the extra walking definitely didn't hurt. I walk in, the cashier asks, "Iced venti hazelnut Americano?" I smile sheepishly and say yes, then reach into my pocket and - no money. I hastily call out that I don't have my wallet and to cancel the order to which I got a resounding, "Don't worry about it, it's on us!" from the staff.

It's not the multi-million dollar lottery that I was hoping for, but I'll take what I can get.