Thursday, August 23, 2007

Mini Crafts Update

Believe it or not, I actually have done some knitting in the past month. Here are a few teasers for some of the projects I'm working on.

Koigu BSJ

Sorry folks, a picture of the yarn will have to do for now. The jacket itself is about 90% finished, I just have to finish the blouson sleeves, put on a collar, and weave-in the 5 million ends.

Felting Experiment
I love Noni bag patterns and one of these days I'm going to actually buy some of them. I wanted to make a messenger bag for Michael, especially since I'm knitting so much for the bean, and thought back to a Noni pattern I saw at one of the LYS that I thought was so cool - the Lattice Bag. I had several skeins of Lambs Pride so I decided to wing it. Here are the preliminary results:

Right side (before felting)


after felting


Wrong side (before felting)


after felting


It's just a simple honey comb cable pattern with the cables done in a different color and stranded. I figured stranding would work fine since doing it in intarsia would be a study in frustration. I'm about 2/3 finished on the actual bag, so once I get it done I'll be posting lots of pics and quick and dirty directions.

Other things on the needles (alas no pics).

Cardigan for Merry

This sort of petered out, but I will be picking up on it again soon. I have about 4" done, so I'm about at the half-way point on the body of the sweater before I have to add in the arms.

EZ's Baby Sweater

I'm working up the baby sweater from EZ's Knitter's Almanac in Trekking XXL in the Orange/Teal colorway. I made up my own lace pattern to use rather than the one suggested in the book since way the color moves in this yarn would be lost. I have about 3 more inches to go in the body of the sweater and then I have to do the arms, so it will probably be another week or so before its finished since it's competing with so many other things.

For the near future...

Knitty Keen

I have not had the energy or the time to put much into the shop, but once Michael starts school in September I hope to change that. I have several very cool patterns that will be for sale as well as a nice selection of hand knits and notions that will be going up. I'm hoping to get up some hand painted sock yarns in October.

Essene Market Fall Crafts Festival

With a bit of luck, I'll be participating again this year. I plan on having a better selection of hand knits for sale as well as patterns and the odd hank of yarn.

Soakers and Diapers

I am itching to start the Bean's stash. I'm hoping to get some suede cloth and some flannel in the next week so I can start making diapers. Once my other knitting projects settle a bit I'll start casting on for some soakers and covers.