Monday, June 23, 2008

Random happenings...

Never, ever tell anyone how happy you are that it's 7pm, the kids are both asleep, and the husband isn't due home for two hours. Five, count them, five times I had to go back into the room to get Alex back to sleep - and these weren't just pop the pacifier in and bounce him in the amby trips but full on have to nurse for ten minutes EACH FLIPPIN TIME.

Slacker mom moments - Michael turned four two weeks ago and Alex is now five months old. Where did the time go? I did make up a photo montage for Michael but I kept having to tweak it to get things right and I just gave up after the umpteenth time, it'll get up at some point. It's a good thing that Alex looks almost exactly like Michael at this age - the disturbing lack of pictures chronicling his infancy won't look so apparent. But Alex has all the hand knits so it does balance out.

Wore Alex in the Kozy that H lent me and I'm not completely sold. My lower back is very happy with me, but the straps kept creeping closer to my neck and putting pressure on the exact wrong spots on my shoulders. Alex also does not seem to be a big fan of it and only tolerates it. We'll see - after the vacation I'll probably design my own with wider, more wrap-like shoulders and see how that works for us.

Two weeks ago I bought blue semi-permanent hair dye (yes - I aspire to be *that* mother) and have not mustered the gumption to use it. I think tonight may be the night.

Vacation prep continues. Not much else doing. I'm off to try and knit for a bit before bed. 'Night all.