Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Vacation snapshots

Well, no pictures yet...

I am so happy we are here! I have not been to this part of the jersey shore in at least 12 years and it's been 4 years since I've seen the Atlantic Ocean. Words fail me as to just how much it means to me - the ocean is a mere two blocks away!

I took the kids down to the boardwalk for a quick visit so John could decompress. Michael talked me into heading out onto the beach. He was so happy. The shoes came off and he kept dropping down to touch the sand and to make "sand angels" The actual ocean really spooked him and he wants nothing to do with the water, he kept whimpering about it until we left to head back to the hotel.

Right now, the kids are asleep and we have a bucket of fresh caramel popcorn that is still warm. Lift doesn't get much better than this.

Oh wait - it does, Michael pooped in the toilet for the first time today!