Monday, June 09, 2008

Vacation Countdown

On the 25th, we will be leaving with my best friend and her family to go on my first vacation in four years. We're just starting to talk about what we are going to do and need to pack, when I remembered - MUSIC! Back in those days of $.99/gallon gas and when cigarettes were $2.50 a pack we spent hours just driving around in my Ford Tempo listening to mix tapes. Here's just a sampling of the mix that I'm starting to make for us...

  • Jane says, Jane's Addiction

  • Blue Cars, Dishwalla

  • Hell, Squirrel Nut Zippers

  • Devil's Haircut, Beck

  • Laid, James

  • I Kissed a Girl, Jill Sobule

  • A song by Garbage from Romeo & Juliette that I can't remember the name of but I remember that it was one of S's favorites

  • Female of the Species, Space

  • Peaches, The Presidents of the United States


Seriously - this vacation is going to rock!