Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Now this is what I'm talking about!

I woke up exhausted this morning. Michael was a dream letting me doze on the sofa while Noggin raised him for an hour or two. We then went up stairs and laid on my bed and listened to the radio for an hour or so. After a small mad dash about the house, we managed to get on the road for his teacher conference by twelve thirty. Once I got acclimated to the humidity and the temperature, it really wasn't that bad and the walk to his school was a lot quicker than I thought it would be. We left school and walked up to John's library to hang out for a few, then it was back into the stroller for a nap and then home.

Mood-wise, I felt great today. Once I was able to shake off that exhausted feeling, I felt pretty good physically as well. I probably did just over three miles worth of walking today and while I was tired when I got home, I definitely did not over-do it even with the heat and humidity which is a great feeling. After talking with Michael's teachers, we are definitely going to work on raising our expectations for him. It's really hard for me to do since have age-appropriate expectations back when he was first diagnosed caused so much stress for everyone. We are going to be working on cleaning up and helping mommy during the day, both of which are things I know he's capable of doing. His behavior has also improved a great deal - he's a lot less stimmy during the day and more focused. I also feel so much more in balance with him too and have been snapping a lot less. I'm looking forward to a lot more mornings spent laying in bed and listening to the radio.

Last but not least, the embroidery on the garment of white for S's baby is going great. It's been many years since I've done any crewel work and I forgot just how much I enjoy it. I think I'll be doing some more of that and probably a few temari balls too for good measure - it would be nice to have some stuff for myself rather than everything being given away for presents.