Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Home again, home again, jiggity jog...

Not that much has changed frankly.

We have heat but can only keep the water on for short periods of time since the water pipe for humidifier is completely shot. The fireman's estimation of the damage was not quite as dire. The problem now is that my landlord is searching for someone to fix things which means a friend who will do it for nearly free or himself which is why things we are still dealing with this shit (yes, this is a swear-worthy situation). We are all home since staying at my mom's would be a logistical nightmare - Michael's already not too stable right now with being sick and his new sibling, explaining to him why we are sleeping at Nana's house tonight would be way more than I could handle.

It's been a really long day and frankly I'm still trying to recover from being woken by the smoke alarm at 6 in the morning. This was not helped by the fact that it looked like Alex was face-down in his crib when I went to check on him. Speaking of Alex, he has just woken up and is expressing his extreme displeasure at not having a nipple in his mouth so I must dash.

To any of my friends reading - I'll give calls in the morning. Just want to hug my boys tonight and this is all the re-hashing I can handle right now.