Wednesday, February 20, 2008

House of Plague Stand Alone Complex

Yes, I am a tremendous geek and due to the fact that Alex has a pretty consistent nursing schedule, I've been catching up with my anime.

Michael has strep. This means I most likely have strep as any requests to not drink out of mommy's cup are pretty much ignored. Aside from my questionable strep status, I also have the nasty virus that's going around. Full-on malaise which is being beat into submission with Emergen-C and ibuprofen, and alternately shivering and sweating buckets. Man, does it ever suck.

On a completely different note, it's amazing how the sound of your infant screaming pretty much erases any trepidation you might have about nursing in public. When we got to the peds office, I filled out the sign-in sheet, wrote a check and practically threw them at the receptionist so I could get to a chair and latch Alex on. We nursed in the waiting room, in the exam room, and at a window table at Starbucks. I will say that at Starbucks I did have the presence of mind to drape my stole over my shoulder so I could cover my midriff - did nothing to cover my gigantic breast as I fervently stuffed my nipple in my incredibly pissed off child's mouth, but I spared everyone the sight of my pale belly flab - must have my priorities straight.