Wednesday, September 17, 2008

I have my work cut out for me

Talked to the GI and the celiacs panel was negative but she's really concerned about his intake as am I. I have no strong opposition to supplementing or formula, the problem is that my kid does. I'm breaking out the herbs and my double electric pump to see if I can get things going and praying that that will do the trick. He wanted nothing to do with the RTF formula I have by bottle or dropper, but maybe he might be more accepting of expressed breastmilk. I'm going to give myself through the weekend and the beginning of next week, then I'll look into getting an SNS and getting some professionals involved.

This just brings back the nightmare that was pumping after each feeding for Michael when he was an infant, except this time I'll have to find time to do it with two kids. The saving grace is that Alex is a lot more accommodating now than he was months ago and is happy sitting on the floor playing with stuff for 15-20 minutes at a time which will give me time to pump. I'm also going to pop on over to Jan Andreas' site to convert one of my bras to a hands-free pumping one which should make things a little bit easier.

Wish me luck because I'm going to need it - now I just have to make sure to keep things slightly balanced so I don't burn out, because trust me that potential is sooo there and I've already stepped over my limits several times this past week and it ain't been pretty.