Monday, February 19, 2007

New horizons

First things first - Michael took a nap today!!!! Granted it involved a little bit of pleading and crying on my part (yes, I was that mother in Starbucks this afternoon). It was one of those mornings with multiple meltdowns over seemingly insignificant things and other behaviors that just got on my last nerve. I ended up rocking him gently in the stroller until he drifted off and he actually slept for almost two hours so I know he really needed it. I am looking forward to this week of 40+ degree weather because it means that we can spend as much time out and about as we can. It will be nice to walk to town and then let him walk for a while beside me to burn off some energy.

He woke this morning at five saying, "'bye Wonder Pets," over and over in the most sad, forlorn voice imaginable. John was in the room with him and couldn't figure out what he was saying since Michael tends to swallow the middle syllable of a lot of words (John kept asking about wombats to give you a clue about Michael's enunciation). I came in and gave him a big hug and spent the rest of the night with him. We think he was having a dream about the Wonder Pets and was very sad when he woke up and they weren't there. This is so cool - not his sadness of course, but that he was having that intense of a dream. It is so incredible watching him develop.

I have been feverishly knitting the models for my next Knitty submission. I feel it has a very good chance of being accepted since it is such a neat design but I have a lot of work to do getting the models made and the pictures taken. I'm pretty sure the pictures were the main downfall of my first submission and I don't want that to be the case again this time. In addition to that I am also making stock for my Knitty Keen Etsy store-front. I'll be selling hand-made stitch markers, patterns, kits, a few smaller items, and hand-dyed yarns and possibly roving. I just ordered a whole bunch of dyes in a co-op which I should have in a few weeks. I'm not sure what I'm going to do for my yarns yet. I'm thinking of starting out with some of the Knit Picks un-dyed yarns and seeing how that goes then branching into some higher-end yarns like Henry's Attic and the like.

I am very excited and nervous about this. It has the potential to provide some nice pin money every month which we could really use and I'd feel like I was contributing a bit to the household in a more concrete way. As soon as I get some stuff off my needles, I'll be making more regular posts to Knitty Keen to keep people updated on what's going on. The stitch markers and some patterns should be going live by the end of the month.

Lastly, I just wanted to apologize - I am really not a bad speller (except for double consonants, they are my downfall), but I am a bad typist. I actually took the time to run this through the spell check on Word so hopefully the worst offenders have been caught.

Grammar is a completely different story and cannot be helped.

'night all!