Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Dyeing to see it!

Yes, I'm going to work that pun for all it's worth. I finally got around to taking decent pics of the yarns I dyed last week. I'm planning on doing a few more this afternoon so I can get the store stocked this weekend. Here's what's come out of the dye pot...

Aquamarine
100% Merino Wool, DK Weight
Kettle Dyed
I really like the way this one came out. It was supposed to be a Morning Glory colorway, but I had way too much water in the pot so everything blended so nicely. The yarn is so soft and it's hard not to stop petting it.


Morning Glory
100% Merino Wool, DK Weight
Kettle Dyed
This was my first attempt at recreating a color way. I like it, but not as much as my first morning glory skein so I'll be messing a bit more with this.


Rouge et Blanc
100% Peruvian Wool, Worsted Weight
Hand Painted
When in doubt for a color name, go with a different language. This was a, "Let's see what happens," skein. I painted 75% of it with a dark, rusty red and at the ends it eases into pink tones before the cream. I'm looking forward to doing variations of this with different colors to see how it turns out.


Tropical Garden
100% Peruvian Wool, Worsted Weight
Hand Painted
I love the way the colors move on this skein - from a bright green to orange, yellow, medium green, dark blue-green and back again. I haven't looked at any pictures, but in my mind's eye it reminds me of a Bird of Paradise flower, or at least what it should look like. This one's a keeper.


Wood Sorrel
100% Peruvian Wool, Worsted Weight
Hand Painted
This is my first attempt at mixing to make a specific colorway and I am very pleased with the results. I went to the Philadelphia Flower Show a while back and saw some purple wood sorrel and instantly fell in love with the colors. I'm planning on doing this colorway on some Merino/Silk fingering and some Peace Fleece tonight.

That's all for now folks, I have dyes to mix! Thanks for looking!

Cross-posted on Knitty Keen