Tuesday, April 17, 2007

My time would be better spent...

...if I went upstairs and just reloaded the bios on our desktop rather than scrolling through a free fonts site to find the font I used for the Knitty Keen logos.

The motherboard came last Thursday and I decided to tackle it on Friday night. I've never done anything this complicated before and I am never doing it again - we will just go without until I can pay someone to do it. I thought everything was going well but again I couldn't get the video card seated properly and the new board didn't have an integrated one so I couldn't test it out. Our friend came over on Saturday morning to take a look at things and that is when we realized that I fucked up with the CPU. Thankfully, he was able to get the pins unbent and found out that our case was bent which was why the graphics card didn't fit in. Things seemed to be going smoothly but there seems to be a problem with the bios. he gave me instructions on what to so and if they don't work I have to call Dell. You can now see why I am dragging my feet about this. I HATE being the family IT person - it sucks. That is just the tip of the list 'cause I'm in a bit of a mood right now.

On other fronts, much dyeing has been done, The BSJ is just waiting to have ends woven in and buttons sewn on, and I am going a little more insane each passing day (well, maybe not that last part). A big crafts update is in the works. We have to call Elwynn tomorrow to find out what is going on with Michaels IEP evaluation and get on the ball with picking a school. We have to make the appointment with the developmental ped, genetics, and audiology to boot. I'm still not sure on the genetics appointment, but my stomach sinks a bit every time I read a thread about a metabolic disease causing a kid's problems and here I am a year and a half into it without ruling these things out.

I guess I'll go play with the desktop now...