Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Oh what a body will do...

...in order to avoid what she really needs to do. In my defense, I have re-wound almost all of the yarn I'll be dyeing this week and after I do some cleaning in the kitchen, I'll be mixing some dyes from my stock solutions and get some kettle-dyes yarns done this evening. The truth of the matter is that I am more than a bit overwhelmed and I'm trying hard to break this down into manageable chunks. Now that that is out of the way, onto the pictures...

Chicken Egg Cover

This is a prototype for a knit egg cover for Easter. We all had these growing up made either by my mom or my grandmother. The originals were crocheted, but since I can design better in knit that's what I did. I'll be making version 1.1 this afternoon.

eggs

These were inspired by another free pattern on the web but I think there are enough differences between them and the inspiration that I can call them my own. I'll get this together as a quick and dirty download from Knitty Keen later today. Even though Easter is on Sunday, these are such a quick knit that you can easily have a half-dozen done by then.