Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Alas, poor baby surprise jacket...

I knew thee well, but somewhere along the line I screwed up and you had too few stitches.

Yes, the baby surprise jacket has been frogged. This is actually OK since now I can make the changes to the pattern to lengthen the sleeves and add a ribbed cuff more easily.

Aside from the frogging, I've been working on the super-mecha socks and they are going very fast. I don't know if it's the yarn or the lace pattern, but the rows are flying by even though it's being knit at 8 sts/inch. I may actually be ready to do the heel by the end of the day. I've been using my new little project bag attached to my belt-loop and sitting on the balance ball listening to NPR and boy is my back happy. The bag makes knitting on the ball so much easier.

On a cool knitting note, DIY Network is running a Knitty Gritty marathon on Sunday night while the Superbowl is on - how cool is that?