Saturday, January 27, 2007

It came!!!!

My magic yarn ball!!!!

I had just put Michael in his crib to start to settle for his nap when I heard the knock on the door I've been waiting for. Dashed downstairs to see the package on my front steps - ran back upstairs and opened it. Tried to take a picture but the batteries died. At that point I was faced with the option of waiting to open it after Michael was done settling for his nap (which would be a very long time simply because I wanted to do something) or pass on the pics and start unwrapping - you can guess which one I chose

  • It was tied in a piece of pretty wired organza ribbon with tulips printed on it.

  • There are two balls of green sock yarn which look very similar to Louet Gems Opal, I'll have to check it out later. If it is, I may pack Michael up for a nice 2 mile stretch of the legs to hit the LYS in town that carries it so I can have different colored toes and heels - but I digress.

  • Some super yummy cashmere/wool blend yarn in a wonderful burgundy (one of my favorite colors by the way) I was planning on making myself a neck warmer out of some black Nature Wool (I think that is what it's called) and this will make a lovely trim.

  • a Thomas train (Henry according to the bottom) which is way cool - just the right size for Michael to play with on his tray in the stroller when we are out and about.

  • Two bars of milk chocolate - one with dried cherries and the other with pecan praline, two of my favorite flavors and definitely what I'm in the mood for.

  • A very cool 2.25 mm (US size 1) 40" circular needle - I love the packaging. I don't know why, but I'm all geeked out that they were made in England.

  • Burt's Bees Lip Balm -- Yay!!!

  • A tiny rose-shaped candle

  • A very neat stone (I think) bead - I'm going to use it to make myself a row marker.

  • Stickers from Cars the movie which Michael loves

  • A little schoolbus - Michael calls all busses "School Bus" so it's very neat that he has one for his very own now.

  • and oh my - the most wonderful hand cream I have ever had the pleasure of using I can only pray that I can find it in the US


I'll update it with pics later - off to play with my yarn!