Monday, January 22, 2007

Froggie stikes again...

The knee sock pictured in this post is alas no onger with us. It survived being half-frogged (with a tubular bind-off painstaking removed stitch by stitch) and re-knit for about 4 inches but it was not meant to be. We must also mourn it's mate who only made it a round or two past the heel turn.

Since making so much progress on my Silky Sock sock, I am coming to realize that the foot length on the rainbow knee-socks was too long and that the gauge was way too lose. I'm going to cast-on one again tonight using my size 3 needle.

****
Scratch that - I forget that a US Size 3 Needle is only .25mm smaller than a US Size 4. I'm going to have to wait a bit and get an Addi Size 2 (3mm) needle. AAARRRGGGHHHH!!!!!!
****

I bought a 40" size 1 (2.5mm) Addi circular this afternoon. I cast-on a toe for some striped knee socks with yarn purchased at Maryland Sheep and Wool. Knittymama was right - the size 1's are too big for this yarn and I am *gulp* going to have to use at least 00's. Do not expect these socks any time soon - with luck they'll be ready for next winter.