Saturday, March 25, 2006

Fixed things and took a stab...

I fixed the problem with the Haloscan.

I've also decided to enter The Sock Yarn Stash of Epic Proportion! contest on Wendy Knits!. Here's my letter saying why I am deserving of some of her stash:


I should receive some of your sock yarn stash because I rarely knit anything for myself and I have very few socks and would love the opportunity to change that. A few months ago, I purchased a set of sock needles from my local craft store, but their selection of sock yarn is abysmal so they just sat and sat. I've since discovered several local yarn shops and as much as I love to colors of yarns available, I just can't get past the sticker shock of something that is just for me. So I sigh, pat it lovingly and visit it every few weeks. Besides, you could be secure in the knowledge that socks knit from your yarn are being worn with sandals by a quirky woman in Philadelphia who will not only love the fact that she is wearing socks with her sandals, but that she has such cool socks because of a very cool knitter.


Also, my 21 month-old has not yet had the chance to pull very thin needles out of my knitting and I would hate to deny him what every child should be able to do - remind me why I use two circulars and that I need to knit after bedtime.


I am cleaning up my downstairs stash - I have three going right now - the upstairs stash, the downstairs stash and the basement stash. It's been getting comepletely out of control - I have oodles and oodles of small balls of yarn and at least 5 lbs of wool. The ball winder is seeing much use tonight (thanks John!!!). I told John that I can't buy any more yarn until I use up what I have. We'll see how long that lasts. Actually, I am hoping to get some serious knitting done for Project Linus and I may knock off a few more bears just for fun to donate to the local children's hospital.

The stash sorting is half-way done...so much for an early bed-time.