Saturday, March 24, 2007

Oh, the humanity...

Cartoon Network's feed hiccupped at the end of Naruto tonight and I missed the last couple of minutes of the episode, filled with portents of what is to come and then had to expose myself to the spoilers on Wikipedia to find out what the hell happened in the last three minutes.

Of course, Viz will not have this storyline published until the fall with my luck. I am seriously tempted to start buying back issues of Shonen Jump. The next volume of Naruto isn't due until JUNE!!!! June, people. I have to wait three months. I can't help but think that this is some sort of conspiracy - they are doing this on purpose. Some exec at Viz is sitting in a high-backed leather chair, stroking a white Persian cat and laughing maniacly. Come to think of it, there are probably a few Cartoon Network execs in on the fun as well - or maybe Comcast has decided to screw with me.

Honest, tomorrow I will go back to being the mom who bakes and sews, tonight I am the rabid Naruto fan who is mightily pissed off that I had to expose myself to spoilers. I've know about the Wikipedia entries for ages - John has read all of them and sometimes exudes this smug, "I know what happens," vibe while I'm on the edge of my seat. There was a point where the Viz graphic novels were ahead of the show and I had to seriously consider if I wanted to find out what came next (I did buy it).

ARGH!!!!!

I'm going to bed.