Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Another one to check off the list

Picture if you would - a nice family dinner in a Japanese restaurant. Michael making faces as he tries to eat some of my nigiri sushi and settling for some rice. The nice walk through town, Michael on my back and John at my side, looking at shop windows...

This did not happen.

Around 3:45 I was on the computer and Michael was playing with some tissue paper behind me. I turned around and found him surrounded by broken glass Christmas ornaments that I didn't realize were in the box he'd been rooting through. After I wisked him up, I noticed flakes of paint from the ornaments on his fingers and lips. I checked inside his mouth and swabed it with some toilet paper but didn't see any cuts or blood. Of course the ped's office said to take him to the ER to get films to make sure he didn't actually swallow anything. We got there just after six and just got home. He's fine, of course. I'm a bit frazzled (and that's saying it lightly) - trying to keep a very active, overtired, and hungry 20 month-old occupied in the ER for 5 hours is a job and a half. There is a lot of ranting that wants to come out right now, but I'm just too tired to write it. I have a half a bottle of merlot downstairs calling to me.

Happy Valentine's Day all...