Friday, February 24, 2006

Ramblings after the witching hour

I should be sleeping or having fantastic sex with my husband right now. Instead I'm writing a blog entry having just finished my mothers' group's newsletter. Actually I'll probably have to do a whole host of revisions, but they won't get touched until Friday night at the earliest.

We have quite a day planned for tomorrow...

Michael is having an MRI of his head to rule out Ataxia. The ataxia doesn't scare me, but the ordeal of being his sedated for the study does. For the first time in a long time I am seriously mourning the fact that Michael isn't breastfeeding right now. I just feel like I could do so much more for him if I had that tool in my arsenal. I just want to hold him and hug him to me and you better beleive I'll be taking names and kicking ass if they don't allow me to comfort my child. I've never been this riled up about something for him before and it's probably all being blown out of proportion by my skewed emotional state.

The emotional state is raw. Very, very raw.

John spoke with someone on the phone yesterday about the library job. They took his info, told him where to submit his resume and informed him that they couldn't guarantee him an interview. He got a call this afternoon requesting that he come in for an interview on Monday. If they will pay him what we need (note, not what he's worth - we'll settle for enough to live on), this job is a very real possibility. We've decided that we'll continue living in Philly until at least the summer and he'll commute until we move. More stuff to digest, but I'll try to put off thinking about it until Monday.

On the crafting front:

  • The buffalo yarn scarf is finished! I just have to weave in the ends and I'll post pics.

  • If the boy is cooperative, there will be much dyeing this weekend. I want to do some test runs with my new dye pots and method before trying the self-striping merino again. Hopefully I'll have some details and pics to post by Monday.

  • The longies have lain untouched for all this week - since I switched to double-pointed needles I've been too afraid to knit while Michael is up and many other things have been competeing for my attention. I'm hoping to get some work done on them this weekend while my sister is sitting for me.

  • I started making a diaper wrap out of the felted merino, but I'm going to have to frog it because I goofed on the measurements. I really like the convenience of diaper wraps, but knitting flat is taking more time than I like. I'm hoping to rework the pattern some in the morning while I'm waiting for Michael's test to be done.