Friday, February 10, 2006

Ready, set, DYE!

Here's what's been doing!

moss greenThis is 4oz. of Fishman's wool, 1 c of vinegar, and 1/4 tsp of Wilton's moss green paste food coloring. I did it in my crock pot on high for around 2 hours.



copper
This is 4 oz of Fishman's Wool, 1 c of vinegar, and 1/2 tsp of Wilton's copper paste food coloring. Again, crock pot on high for about 2 hours.

cornflowerThis is again 4 oz of Fishman's wool, 1 c of vinegar, and 1 tsp of Wilton's cornflower paste food coloring. Cooked it in the crock pot on high for 2 1/2 hours.


My mom and sister a due in about 2.5 hours. John just got paid. It's sunny out and AC Moore is a mere 2 miles away. Do I do it?

My friends (who ROCK by the way) got me a POUND of super-bulky weight wool and a whole bunch of dye (well coloring for icing). Now I not only have to contend with what stitch I am going to use, but the color as well.

You know, if I took the bus...

I am in the process of knitting up a pair of longies (wool soaker pants) for Michael out of the green and blue posted above. I keep finding myself just staring at them because the are that COOL.

The boy is letting me know it's time to stop. I wonder if I can pay my rent in hand-dyed wool?

You know what, it's my birthday (well we are celebrating it tonight) and people with cars are going to be here in a few hours. The hell with Septa - I'm going to get a ride to AC Moore. Then I can stay up all night dyeing yarn!

Yes, I have a problem.