Friday, September 14, 2007

Something in the air

I'm not sure what is up today, but it's affecting all of us. Michael has been practically bouncing off the walls and my ability to cope with it is in negative numbers. Nothing quite like being that mom in the park snapping repeatedly at your child - or even better being that mom in Starbucks with the crying child. Actually, I am pretty proud of myself in Starbucks for keeping my cool as well as I did. I probably should have left at least 30 minutes earlier than I did and spare Michael and the other patrons his repeated, teary requests to, "Sit in Chair?" (note - he was in the stroller at the time because of his recurring inability to "sit in chair"). I usually don't push the envelope that much with him, but I needed to chat with another adult and talk about baby stuff with someone in real life.

Tomorrow I'm heading off to an anti-war protest in D.C. with S and her family while John spends some one-on-one time with Michael. We are also going to be making the transition to a regular bed on Sunday which terrifies me. I'm still not sure how we are going to handle things. We've never gated the top of the stairs since it would require masonry bolts and the thought of removing his door and putting a gate up in the door frame leaves a sour taste in my mouth. I'm hoping the worst we'll have to deal with is being poked and greeted with a, "Good Morning, Mommy!!!"

Last but not least, H sent me the most wonderful yarn from her decluttering. With this lovely infusion, I don't *have* to actually buy any more to make the Bean's wool stash. The three (yes that is right) sweaters that I have going are rapidly approaching completion and because I am only human (and insane), I've just cast-on for a pair of newborn longies in a lovely deep orange Malabrigo (courtesy of H).

Michael is sleeping and while I should be too, the call of Malabrigo baby knitting is way too strong. TTFN!