Saturday, October 06, 2007

"Ain't Pregnancy Grand?"

So saith the husband as I apologized for the umpteenth time for starting to sob in the middle of Superfresh. I woke up in a fairly good mood but Michael was pulling the whole coy, "I'm not going to listen to you 'cause I want to play" thing this morning and I just didn't have it in me to try and play with him to get him dressed so we could get out the door. We went to IHOP for breakfast and things started to go really downhill when we sat down in the booth and I barely fit, something I haven't had to deal with for a good six years. We walked over to a different shopping center and John got new shoes, we got Michael a cute Halloween shirt from Old Navy ("Mummy's Boy"), and then we went to AC Moore. I wanted to try out the two brands of organic cotton they carry so I bought one skein with a 40% off coupon and John bought the other (with a similar coupon). When we got out front and John gave my me change I knew something was up - the clerk told him that it was already on sale which was a load. So I had to go back in, wait in line and demand my 40% off. Once I was back outside, a steady stream of curses left my mouth over the ineptitude of AC Moore cashiers, that my own cashier had no problem ringing up my yarn, why on earth couldn't the other two women grasp this simple concept? We then walked over to Superfresh to get Michael some "green fish" (parmesan flavored goldfish crackers) and myself something to drink. Used the restroom there and of course someone tries to open the door while I'm using it - why on earth don't people knock anymore? Once I got out, my mood had swung the other way and I was blinking back tears while looking for something vaguely appealing to drink and I lost it when John and Michael met up with me.

Ah, the "happy" trimester. God help me, I still have fourteen weeks of this.

P.S. I am going out for a few hours by myself this afternoon, so hopefully it will be a much less moody person posting the crafts update later tonight.