Saturday, October 13, 2007

Otaku Outrage

They messed with One Piece. New opening, almost all new American voice actors and new music. At least John was enjoying me yell, "What the F***?!?!" at the TV screen. I finally have the time to devote to watching it again at the start of a new story arc and they change everything on me. grumble, grumble, grumble...



ETA

Yes, I am well aware of the fact that I am probably in the very small minority who liked the first US version better. John got some more enjoyment watching me swear at people under my breath as I was reading a message board thread about the new version. I have to admit I've never read the manga (*gasp* horror of horrors) and the sheer silliness of the show is what drew me in, much the same way I've been sucked into quite a few Dragonball story arcs - you just can't not watch it.

I really liked the opening song - I practically watched it just for that.

I guess this is someone's way of telling me I should go to bed after Naruto on Saturday nights.

John is so going to use this to his advantage - I can here the otaku comments already.