Monday, October 01, 2007

Flying Needles (AKA Crafts Update)

Despite playing with Ravelry all weekend, I have managed to get some knitting done - Finished objects, no less! So here goes...

Baby Socks!
These are such fast knits and use so little yarn that I'm sure the Bean will end up with a ton. Sometime soon I'll post the pattern here and on Knitty Keen.

Baby Socks, Orange/Teal
Trekking XXL Orange/Teal

Baby Socks, Spring
Trekking XXL Spring 84


EZ February Sweaters
These have been a lot of fun to knit - it's great to be able to change things up a bit and use different techniques without having to re-write the entire pattern. Once I finish both of them and get buttons sewn, I'll post the true FO pics and specs here and at Zimmermaniacs.

Feb Baby Sweater, Orange/Teal
Trekking XXL Orange/Teal
This is *nearly* finished - just blocked it and all that's left are the buttons

Feb Baby Sweater, Spring
Trekking XXL Spring 84
Just one more sleeve to go!


Socktoberfest 2007
Like I need more excuses to knit. This is something I stumbled across on Ravelry and since I have one sock in progress and I'm quickly becoming addicted to baby sock knitting, I figured I join in the fun.

Step Sock WIP

Step Sock WIP, On Foot
Austermann Step, Moss
Knitty's Universal Toe-up Sock
This is the yarn S got for my birthday that has been languishing on the needles since her baby shower. If anything, I will get it done this month.


Longies!
Here's the first of two pairs of longies I want to make for the Bean. The yarn is courtesy of H and is truly a joy to work with. This particular pair is going to be paired with the Koigu BSJ for the Bean's coming home outfit.

Snazzy Pants Longies
Malabrigo Merino Worsted
Snazzy Pants Longies (Newborn/Small Hybrid)


Messenger Bag
This has to be knocked out by week's end - it's been on the needles for way too long and seeing as it's October and it's supposed to be for Michael for school, I ave to get cracking on it. This is just one of the sides and the pick is actually upside down, the orange bit goes on the bottom of the bag.

Felted Messenger Bag
Lambs Pride Worsted


Thanks for looking!