Thursday, April 10, 2008

What a difference

I went into town for my therapy appointment this evening and had to spend the whole session standing and rocking back and forth to keep Alex settled in the sling. Thankfully, he fell into a deep sleep right as my session was over so I was able to go to Starbucks for my coffee and then onto Borders for volumes 1 & 2 of Fullmetal Alchemist. I sat on a planter outside and read volume one, swaying back and forth, sipping coffee while Alex slept in the sling. He got really cranky when we got home but after a nice feed he's back to happy baby and thanks to that bit of mostly alone time I was able to fully enjoy it.

Thanks for the input on the yarn. I think I'm going to get a skein or two of number one to make a hat and scarf combo - I love the brightness of the colors but I think it would be a bit much on me as a sweater. For the sweater I am leaning more towards yarn number four - I've heard that the 3-ply holds up a bit better than the singles, but I am drawn to the colors in yarn number two. We shall see.