Thursday, November 17, 2005

Doctor's visit

I went to my GYN today for the pain I've been having around my c-section scar for the past few days. He's diagnosed me as having Adenomyosis, a condition where endometrial tissue has grown in my incision. I have to schedule an MRI in the next few eeks and go back to him at the end of December for my follow-up. The diagnosis fits with the pain I've been experiencing at the end of each month and sporadically throughout the month. I've alwasy had pretty rough periods when I'm actually ovulating and since I am doing that on a regular basis for the first time in years, I just chalked it up to that.

I am a bit freaked out by what I've just read and how the best treatment for it is hysterectomy. I'm also kicking myself for not making an appointment sooner. This was my first exam since my post-partum visit with my OB last September and my GYN is the kind of guy who would have done an ultrasound just to check how I was healing as a matter-of-course. He didn't go into a lot of details so that gives me some peace of mind - if I had something to really worry about, he would have told me upfront.

The boy beckons...