Wednesday, November 16, 2005

There is no joy in Mudville...

Pro's:

  • Called gynecologist about moderate to severe pain I've been having for two days now and have an appointment for tomorrow (yes, this is actually good for me)
  • Called my sister and asked for help taking care of Michael
  • Michael went down for his nap in record time (less than 10 minutes)
  • Organized knitting

Con's:

  • Moderate to severe pain
  • Sister never called me back
  • Spent almost 30 minutes of frustrated crying/meltdown/tantrum (on both sides) trying to figure out what Michael wanted from 6:30 to 7:00. Found out it was something to eat, but not just anything - more of the rice dish I made for dinner, the same food he pushed out of my hand at 6:15.
  • Spent an hour trying to get him settled for bed - bounce, bounce, bounce, whine, shriek, babble, babble, babble, chuck pacifier at mom's head, repeat. Why doesn't thorazine come in a grape-flavored chewable tablet?
  • It's still raining so I can't go outside and force my electronic pets into cock-fights and be evil.

Some days you just can't be the mom you want to be.