Monday, December 31, 2007

The day thus far...

Yet another whiny post about pregnancy. This will probably be the model for the next three weeks :(

  • Woke up at 3am and couldn't settle back to sleep, got up and surfed for two hours

  • Tossed and turned in bed for an hour until I passed out at 6am

  • Dragged myself out of bed at 7:30 so John could finish getting ready for work

  • Finally got dressed enough to venture outdoors at 11am. Walked to corner deli to get a few things

  • Got home from deli and realized that the ONE BLOCK I walked had completely wiped me out and unless I am being driven somewhere this is probably the farthest I can expect to go for the next few weeks

  • Succeed in not crying about my physical limitations, make something for Michael and I to eat for lunch

  • Think about sitting on our front steps while I let Michael run up and down our street so I can get some sun but the realize that the front of the house is already in the shade - must do this before 11am

  • Give in and sit in the recliner while we watch Babe and get some much-needed knitting done. At least the swelling in my hands goes down so I can knit comfortably

  • Come upstairs for some computer time and to bitch to the internet about my piddly problems. Hands and feet start to swell again reminding me that I really need to sit with things elevated

  • Stop complaining and head back downstairs to the dreaded recliner and my water bottle