Saturday, December 08, 2007

Just popping in...

I keep promising long update posts, but most of my computer time has been spent reading rather than writing, so the blog just falls by the wayside.

Michael has been working on a nasty chest cold. Thankfully, he is getting better so I'm no longer worried about pneumonia, but he's still fighting a fever so that's kept us cooped up quite a bit. Now I just have to wait for me to catch it.

I had an U/S and OB appointment on Wednesday. They figure the Bean is measuring about two weeks ahead and guestimate his weight to be about 5lbs 12oz. This will put him about 9lbs for when the section is scheduled - we'll have to see how close he actually is. They were spot-on with Michael, so my gut is saying the Bean will be on the big side as well. He's still spending a lot of time breech, but he's also spending more time vertex as well. I'm flirting with finding out how to do Moxibustion from my Chiro's wife to see if I can get him to stay vertex. I'm going to give it another week or so and see what happens.

I've been a bit of a hermit this week. Most of it has been the weather. I love the cold, it's the wind that kills me and keeps me in doors. Between that in the beginning of the week and Michael's chest cold the latter-half, I've definitely been a home-body. I'm hoping to get together with my girlfriends and their kids next week so we can take in some of the Christmas stuff in town. So if either of you read this, be ready for a phone call on Monday.

In knitting news, I'm trying to knock out two teddy bears to go to an AIDS orphanage in Botswana as my charitable knitting this season. I've got two legs done, so six more limbs and two bodies to go. Christmas knitting will begin in earnest tomorrow. I don't have many presents to worry about this year, but I want to get cracking on things so I'm not going crazy the week before since I know I don't have the energy to do it.